32 children died among the 125 victims of the deadly stampede
At least 32 children died in a deadly stampede at a football stadium in Malang, Indonesia over the weekend, an official from the Ministry of Women and Child Welfare told AFP.
“According to the latest data we have, out of 125 people who have died, 32 are children, the youngest of whom is a two or three year old,” said Nahar, who has a unique name like many Indonesians.
Read more here.
Malang Football Club “profound apologies” after a bloody stampede
The president of Indonesian football club Malang on Monday offered his “profound apologies” after a tragic crowd protest that killed 125 people in the city of East Java over the weekend.
“As president of the Arema FC club, I take full responsibility for the incidents that have occurred. I offer my heartfelt apologies to the victims, their families, Indonesians and Liga 1,” said local Premier League, Gilang Widya Pramana while crying on television.
Request for independent investigation
Indonesian President Joko Widodo has announced an investigation into the crowd movement, but human rights groups are calling for it to be conducted independently and are calling for police to be held accountable for using tear gas in a confined space.
“We call on the authorities to conduct a timely, thorough and independent investigation into the use of tear gas in the stadium and to ensure that those who committed these crimes are tried in public,” Amnesty International said in a statement. “These losses of human life cannot go unanswered,” added the NGO.
The commander of the Indonesian armed forces says the soldiers are involved in the violence
After the broadcast of numerous videos showing Indonesian Armed Forces (TNI) soldiers beating fans inside the Kanjuruhan stadium in Malang, the TNI commander spoke of “a criminal act”. “It is not ethics, but a crime,” Andika Perkasa said Monday during a meeting at the Kemenkopolhukam office in central Jakarta.
“We have been investigating since yesterday (Sunday) and are continuing the legal process,” TNI commander Andika Perkasa said Monday during a meeting at the Kemenkopolhukam office in central Jakarta. He added that these acts did not constitute self-defense, but that it was indeed a “criminal act”. In order to find the identity of the soldier or soldiers who allegedly committed these acts of violence, Andika Perkasa encouraged the public to submit videos.
The identification of the victims is still ongoing, one person has not yet been identified
In the aftermath of the tragedy, the process of identifying the injured and deceased victims is still ongoing. According to Indonesian media, one person has not yet been identified. The government has so far identified 424 victims of the Kanjuruhan tragedy: 260 minor injuries, 39 serious injuries and 125 deaths.
“Measures must be taken” against those responsible for the stampede according to the Indonesian Minister of Health
“Measures must be taken” against those responsible for the crowd movement that killed at least 125 people in a football stadium in Indonesia, the Indonesian security minister urged on Monday.
In a televised statement, Minister Mahfud MD also called on the Indonesian police to “identify” those who “perpetrated the crimes”, stating that “action must be taken against them”.
“We are asking the national police to find the perpetrators of the crimes in the next few days,” he asked.
Read more here.
“The fans died in the arms of the players”, testifies one of the coaches
“There were fans who died in the arms of the players,” Javier Roca, Chilean coach of Indonesian club Arema, told Spanish radio on Sunday. Padlock Serafter the crowd movement that resulted in at least 125 dead and 323 injured in a stadium in Malang, east of the island of Java.
“After the game I went to the locker room and some players remained on the pitch. When I returned from the press conference, I discovered the tragedy at the stadium,” explained the Arema coach in a touching testimony given to the Spanish media. .
“The players passed with the victims in their arms. The most terrible thing was when the victims came to be treated by the team doctor. About twenty people arrived and four died. There were fans who died among the teams. arms of the players “, delivered the Chilean coach.
Read more here.
A minute of silence before Monaco-Nantes
Before this Sunday’s match between Monaco and Nantes (17:05). A minute of silence will be held in honor of the victims.
“Fans died in the locker room”, the chilling story of a player from Arema
Witness to the tragedy that occurred during the match between Arema and Persebaya Surabaya on Saturday in Indonesia, Abel Issa Camará, player of Arema’s team, tells the horror. Barricaded in the locker room to avoid the blows of their fans, the players of the home team ended up witnessing the death of some fans.
More information here …
The budget finally revised downwards by the authorities
The death toll from the deadly crowd movement at Indonesian football stadium Malang was revised from 174 to 125 on Sunday due to double counting of some victims, an official in East Java province said.
“The death toll today is 125. 124 have been identified and one has not been identified. Some names have been recorded twice,” Deputy Provincial Governor Emil Dardak told Metro.TV.
“Football is not a morgue,” Delort’s touching message
The authorities are not the only ones affected by the tragedy in Indonesia. On his Twitter account, Nice forward Andy Delort shared a message: “Bleeding heart. Football is a party, football is not a morgue. My thoughts go to the families of the victims.”
Because the Indonesian championship is one of the most dangerous in the world
The tragedy that caused the death of at least 174 people this Saturday in a stadium in Indonesia is unfortunately not the first to shake the country, accustomed to ultraviolent clashes between its fans. The Indonesian league is qualified as “one of the most dangerous in the world” and had already cost 95 people between 2005 and 2018.
>> All explanations can be read here
The LFP extends its condolences to the victims
The Professional Football League also provided support to the victims of the tragedy. “Following the terrible tragedy that occurred yesterday during a football match in Indonesia, all our thoughts and condolences go out to the families of the victims,” writes the LFP.
A minute of silence observed before the matches of the Dutch league
“A minute of silence will be observed before the start of the five games played today in the Eredivisie in respect of all those killed in the tragedy at the Kanjuruhan stadium. We are in solidarity with Indonesia”, writes the Dutch Federation on social networks.
Fifa: “A tragedy beyond the imaginable”, deplores Infantino
The stadium disaster in Indonesia is “a tragedy beyond imagination,” said the president of the International Football Association (FIFA) Gianni Infantino on Sunday. At least 174 people died in a crowd movement at a stadium in Malang city on the eastern side of Java on Saturday when thousands of fans invaded a soccer field and were sprayed with tear gas.
>> The article is here
Crowd movements, overwhelmed police, tear gas … the reasons for the tragedy
At least 174 people died on Saturday during a match between Arema and Persebaya Surabaya in the Indonesian league. The first witnesses and the Indonesian press involve police and the use of numerous tear gas against a land invasion, which caused deadly crowd movements.
>> The article can be read here
Sergio Ramos’ message
In reaction to the many victims who died as a result of the crowd movement that took place in Indonesia after a football match, Sergio Ramos posted a message on Twitter: “Heartbreaking. Our thoughts are with the victims and their families. “.
A minute of silence on the La Liga fields
The Royal Spanish Football Association announces a minute of silence on La Liga and 2nd Division grounds in memory of the victims of the tragedy in Indonesia.
The death toll rises to 174
The death toll of the crowd movement after a football match in Indonesia rose to 174, local authorities said Sunday, making it one of the worst stadium tragedies to date. “At 9:30 (local) the death toll rose to 158 and at 10:30 to 174 deaths. This is the data collected by the East Java Disaster Management Agency,” the deputy provincial governor told television. Emil Dardak. Kompas TV channel.
>> All information about this drama is here